Cook, Listen, Read: Ital Inspired
Here’s a selection of some of the online reads I’ve been pondering. I will definitely be adding “In Spite of Everything” to my book list.
- The Failure of the FDA: Why We’re Still Using Antibiotics in Livestock Instead of making good on its 1977 promise to limit the use of drugs as growth promoters in animals, the FDA is going in the other direction. From The Atlantic
- U.S. Eating Up Japanese Cooking Comics Manga! From the San Francisco Chronicle
- Pickled Cauliflower Recipe From Hunter Angler Gardner Cook
- Back to the Land, Reluctantly Susan Gregory Thomas is the author of “In Spite of Everything: A Memoir.” From The New York Times
- Rep. Blumenauer Proposes Shift in Farm Programs Away from Large Agri-Businesses From The Hill
- You’re Doing It Wrong: Pizza Pizza serves as a good measuring stick to see how serious people are about cooking. From Slate
It’s a reggae kind of week, here are some of my playlist picks…
- I’m Not Ashamed by Culture
- Brain Food (Give Me) by Burning Spear
- There is Fire by Black Uhuru
- Forward Ever by Jacob Miller
With that soundtrack, tonight’s dinner is going to have to be Ital inspired: Lentils in Coconut Broth with Greens and Sweet Potatoes.
What other interesting stuff is out there? Share it!